The unicorn trend is everywhere right now, with absolutely everyone being inspired by this stunning mythical beast. Some have even been inspired to transform their locks into fabulous works of art in this latest craze! If you want to get in on the action, stick around, as LUXE Models explains how to do unicorn hair like a pro!
2017 looks like it will be an exciting year for fashionistas, with a number of cool beauty trends destined to set the world of fashion alight. Experts believe that beauty will embrace the future this year, with everything from 3d-printed make-up to skin-tone matching apps predicted to become popular in 2017.
People are going mad for everything from unicorn lattes to hot chocolate, so it shouldn’t surprise you to learn that unicorn hair has become a thing. Super Deluxe recently released video tutorial, where hairstylist Amanda Ozard and makeup artist Kate Tsang show you how to do unicorn hair like an expert. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Start by dying your hair in alternating stripes of lilac, pink, and blue. Unless you have some professional experience, get this done at the hairdressers. This will create a nice pastel rainbow effect.
- Take a curling wand and pin your hair into large curls across your head, before letting them out and shaking your hair. This should create large, loose curls.
- Using the video tutorial as a guide, create the base for the unicorn shape. You’ll need to pin in a large quiff at your forehead and pin in curls at the back of your head.
- For the next step you’ll need a foam cone. You can buy these items for as little as £1.50 online from stores like Hobby Craft, Baker Ross and Creativity Direct.
- Pin the cone on the top of your head, wrapping hair around the cone and pinning it into place.
- Gather the rest of the hair on the back of your head, tie it into a ponytail and backcomb it.
- Finish by spraying your hair and giving it a healthy dose of glitter to complete the look!
You might find this tutorial useful if you’re looking to break into modelling. Remember that you’ll need to create a modelling portfolio to catch the eye of top modelling agencies. By featuring unicorn hair in your portfolio shots, you could show your ability to rock the hottest styles. This could increase your chances of getting signed, by showing just how passionate you are about keeping up with the latest trends, as well as how determined you are to become a style icon like other top models such as Kylie Jenner and Bella Hadid!