Luxe Models has found that the power of the people is striking again. Katie Hopkins manages to keep getting on people’s nerves and a petition to get her out of the UK, replacing her with 50,000 refugees from Syria, is quickly gathering pace.
What started as a tongue-in-cheek petition in response to the former Apprentice star’s comments about the UK’s aid to Syria.
The Change.org petition was started by Ben Fletcher, of TickHill, who set it up because he was “bored”. And since it was set up on 3rd September, it has gone on to receive over 53,000 signatures.
Fletcher’s petition description reads: “The UK…has currently not got the space for refugees. No, this is not because we are full, it is because Katie Hopkins’ massive head takes it all up.
“The facts are they deserve a lot more than she does, and it would be a win win all round – we help people and save their lives and at the same time get rid of the UK’s contribution to the hall of national embarrassments.”
Fletcher told ITV: “It was never meant in bad taste. There is a serious point behind this petition and that is that there are thousands and thousands of people who need our help.”
He has received numerous messages from people offering to buy him a pint, but has urged people to donate their money to relevant charities, including Doctors Without Borders, the Refugee Council, Unicef and Save the Children.
It comes after Hopkins described migrants as “cockroaches” in a column for the Sun earlier this year, and said she would “use gunships” to stop migrants entering Europe from Libya.
She also told radio station LBC she would like to “burn all the boats” in Africa.
Here’s a list of ridiculous things Katie Hopkins has said since shooting to fame – decide for yourself whether you agree!
- “Suicidal prisoners should just kill themselves”
- “I wouldn’t like to meet a ginger in the dark”
- “Would I employ you if you were obese? No I would not”
- “I really think if you have a tattoo you have to wonder about what kind of future you have ahead of you”
- “(Lily Allen) gained two stone and looked pretty hideous” – Lily responded to the comments during her pregnancy, “I wasn’t exercising because I didn’t want to take any risks. The survival of my children felt more important than being thin.”
- “I don’t really understand what the attraction is with Kim (Kardashian), she is one large bottom”
- “I rather admire the efficiency of Ebola. From a Malthusian and marketing perspective, it is beyond reproach”
Do you agree? If not, you could always join the 53,000 and join the petition here!
For more stories like this, be sure to stay in touch with Luxe Models on Ello.